You are about to host the ultimate party, your wedding! Chances this will be your first time visiting event venues—there will be lots of information to process and learn and our solution is to come armed with a list. Below is a tried and true list of questions that every couple should ask a venue before they book the big day!
Ready to start checking out some spaces? Visit our list of the Fraser Valley’s and Metro Vancouver’s top wedding venues.
- Does the venue have space for both the reception and ceremony (or is it near where the ceremony will be held)?
- What is the capacity of the venue?
- Will any other parties or people have access to the space and are there any other weddings booked at the venue on that date?
- What items are included in our venue rental (chairs, tables, etc.)
- What staff is included in our venue rental (ex. Event manager, sound technician, cleaning staff, etc.)
- Will we have an onsite event manager on the day of our wedding? If so may we meet that person?
- How much is the venue rental and what hours are included?
- What deposits are required to book the date?
- What is the payment schedule?
- Are there any other costs—gratuity, cleaning, staffing, overtime, etc.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- May we source our own vendors or do we have to use a preferred list?
- When may the vendors access the venue?
- Where is load in/load our for vendors
- Are there noise restrictions for band/DJ?
- Is there a sound system or equipment for the DJ and band?
- Is there parking for vans/large trucks vendors?
- May we arrange pick up of vendor items that need to be left behind (ex. rentals) until the following day?
- Where can guests park? Is it free?
- How do guests access the wedding space?
- Where are the washrooms? Is there coat check?
- Is there a space for the bride/wedding party to get ready?
- Who is responsible for set up/tear down of tables and chairs?
- Are there preferred rates at nearby hotels for out of town guests?
- Is the site handicap accessible?
- If there is an outdoor space, what happens when it rains? Is there any tenting or coverage provided?
Food and Drink
- Is there an in-house caterer or may we source our own?
- May we source our own liquor? Is there a corkage fee?
- Who needs to provide a Special Occasion License?
- Is there a food and beverage minimum spend (if using in-house catering?)
Happy site visiting!